Certified Managers agree to abide by the following:
- I will recognize that management is a call to service with responsibilities to my direct reports, associates, supervisors, employer, community, nation and world.
- I will maintain honest relations with customers, suppliers, management and employees.
- I will recognize that, as a leader, my own pattern of work and life will exert more influence than what I say or write.
- I will give the same consideration to the rights and interests of others that I ask for myself.
- I will consider and look for value in the ideas and opinions of others.
- I will regard my role as a manager as an obligation to help others achieve personal and professional fulfillment.
- I will set reasonable performance goals for myself and for my direct reports, and balance the interests of management and employees during challenging times.
- I will promote and practice the management principles and methods I have learned in achieving management certification.
- I will report and encourage others to report unethical business practices to the appropriate authority.
- I will discourage and confront any inappropriate behavior observed or reported to me.